Let us Recycle your old goods
Buying a new electrical or electronic item from us? We'll recycle the one you’re replacing for free. Simply bring the old electrical item in within 28 days, show us the receipt for its replacement and we’ll do the rest.
● You can also find local recycling points for your old electricals here https://www.recycleyourelectricals.org.uk/electrical-recycling-locator/
● Recycling and reusing unwanted electrical or electronics can help save the planet, boost the economy and improve lives. Not only that, electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) contains materials, parts and substances which can be dangerous to the environment and harmful to human health if not disposed of correctly.
● Electrical and electronic equipment is now the fastest growing waste stream in the UK and across the world.
● Discover the impact of reusing and recycling your electricals here Recycle Your Electricals campaign www.recycleyourelectricals.org.uk
What can I recycle?
● Anything with a plug, battery or cable can be recycled or reused The materials from recycled electricals can be used in everything from children’s playgrounds to lifesaving equipment, while donated tech can help bridge the digital divide.
● You’ll find this symbol on all your electrical items. It is a reminder to recycle your old electricals, rather than binning them. [crossed out wheelie bin symbol]
Reducing waste electricals
● As part of our commitment to reducing the amount of unwanted electrical waste being incinerated or sent to landfill sites, we’ll recycle your old electricals free of charge when you buy new ones. Together we can stop precious resources from being lost forever, save lives and help protect the planet.
● Every year, the UK collect, reuse and recycle thousands of tonnes of old electrical and electronic equipment.
● We take all your old electricals to a recycling plant for processing and separate into individual materials, so they can be turned into new, more useful things.
● Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is regulated by the UK Government. Find out more here.
● We’re proud to be working with the national Recycle Your Electricals campaign.
You can return old large kitchen appliances to our warehouse for FREE recycling (Please pre arranged when purchasing like for like replacement goods, you then have 30 days to return your old goods).
Or for a charge we will disconnect and remove your old goods for recycling when we deliver & instal your new goods
For smaller appliances (vacuum cleaners, microwave oven, kettles, toasters, irons, haircare etc) you can return these to our shops for FREE recycling when buying like for like replacements from us.